I have pain in my right knee, just above the knee cap to the left?

Patellar tendinitis. Patellar tendinitis, mistracking your patella, in the patello-femoral groove. Have it checked out!
A Few Things. Did you have an injury, notice during activity or after you finished? Was there swelling, inability to move the knee or bear weight? Pain just above the knee cap could be tendon, muscle or the knee cap itself. If there is little swelling and you full motion it is most likely minor and should respond to ice, elevation, stretches and progress to strengthening if no pain. Persists? See doctor.