Every morning I get out of bed and my knees and ankles pop constantly. Is that good or bad? Should I stop popping them?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: No pain, no problem
We used to think that popping our knuckles, neck, back etc.
. Caused arthritis. However, there is no evidence of causal relationship has been found until this time. It is indeed a habit and once formed, the joints "feel the need to pop" intermittently. As long as it does not cause pain while doing it..Enjoy the popping. If u don't like to hear the pop, don't do it..It will stop with time. Good luck.

In brief: No pain, no problem
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Mine do too!
I have frequent "popping" in my ankles, but it is benign.
I do serious mountain biking, lift weights and never had a problem with ankle pain or arthritis! (minus the several sprains I have \had, albeit unrelated!).

In brief: Mine do too!
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Bac Nguyen
me three...no pain, but I think it is a sign I am getting old :-)
Dr. Marsha Davis