Is it normal for 4 month old to have retractions with gerd? If not what could it be from? Docs are aware of breathing issues.

Dr. Gary Kohn
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: See below
Retractions occur when there is increased effort with breathing and babies are more likely to display this due to chest walls that are more compliant (floppy).
It is not normal for healthy babies to display this all the time. However there are many causes for this to occur and you should discuss this with doctor. Gerd in and of itself usually down not cause persistent retractions.

In brief: See below
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology
In brief: No
I am not sure what other breathing issues this child has.
Gerd alone cannot cause retractions. They are a sign that a baby is working hard to breathe. This question is best answered by a doctor who knows about the history and can actually see and check the baby.

In brief: No
Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Dr. Jonathan Jassey