Can hair loss be related with a hypothyroid?

Yes! Hair loss is definitely related to hypothyroidism. Sometimes the outer edges of the eyebrows can get thin. Hair on your head can become very thin and dry as well.
Hypothyroid hairloss. I have read for decades that hypothyroidism can lead to thinning hair. I have been doing hair replacement surgery for 36 years and when I have patient on synthroid I always ask them if they had significant hairloss before their diagnosis. I have never had a single patient report that they did. Still I assume that in the past when it went untreated for years hair would grow slower and become finer.