I had gallbladder surgery 2 months ago then had a leak..Recovery long ..Now when I lay dwn feel pressure under right side rib. Is it just healing?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Postop Bile Leak

Postoperative bile leaks are rare but potentially very serious complications of gallbladder surgery.
These are usually managed by the placement of drains: endoscopic (into the bile duct) +/- percutaneous (into the fluid collection). Depending on the site of the leak and method of rx, you may still be experiencing pain from an ongoing problem. See your surgeon as soon as possible.

In brief: Postop Bile Leak

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Gallbladder surgery

Sounds like its healing - you may have scar tissue that is causing the pressure sensation - you may also have a resolving fluid collection.
If it continues you should check with the surgeon..

In brief: Gallbladder surgery

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery