Im a 20 year old male. Normal stool no blood in stool but when I wiped there was a fair amount of blood ?

Dr. Paul Rogers
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine
In brief: Hemorrhoids
Painless blood noted after wiping after a bowel movement is often caused by hemorrhoids but on rare occasions could be a more serious problem such as a polyp that may develop into a cancer.
Would recommend your physician check it out further.

In brief: Hemorrhoids
Dr. Paul Rogers
Dr. Paul Rogers
2 comments
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
You can usually feel the bulbous, sometime itchy bulges of hemorrhoid. Premoistened wipes and Prep H help. If it persists, go to a doctor, not the ER.
Dr. TRUC DAO
or stools were large and DRY and can cut the thin skin of anus
Dr. Joseph Roosth
In brief: Hemorrhoids
In a young person, say under 50, bright red blood on the toliet paper is most commonly simply due to hemorrhoids.
However, colon cancers can occur in the rectal area and present with brigth red blood on the paper only. Rectal bleeding in my opinion, should always be investigated by a doctor.

In brief: Hemorrhoids
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Vicken Poochikian