I am breastfeeding my 2 month old and feel a cold coming on. Is it ok to take airborne to help fight it? I am still taking my prenatal vitamins, too.

Dr. Thomas Riney
In brief: Save your money
This product will not prevent a cold, it may help with symptoms a little, but your prenatal vitamins are sufficient.

In brief: Save your money
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney
In brief: MAY BE YES!
There is no real treatment for cold and any medicine you take may give you some relief from symptoms.
It is generally ok to continue breastfeed but check the medicine box to see if it has any special warning.

In brief: MAY BE YES!
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
In brief: Keep breastfeeding!
I first want to remind you to continue to breastfeed.
Many mothers worry that the infection will spread through the milk, but the opposite is true. The milk carries immune benefits to baby to help baby fight the cold. You can safely use a nasal wash system to rinse the mucus out of your nose. The salt in the saline helps open nasal passageways and is drug free! wash hands frequently.

In brief: Keep breastfeeding!
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
As for the airborne, it hasn't been proven to be of any benefit. To me it falls into the category "probably won't hurt" but that hasn't been tested.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham