Can lack of sleep and feeling bit stressed bring on mouth ulcers if so how do I stop them ?

Dr. Ruchir Patel
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Sleep deprivation

Sleep deprivation is known to be associated with a temporary "weakening" of your immune system. There are certain immune modulators (proteins involved in fighting infections) that are decreased with sleep deprivation and since mouth ulcers are generally viral in origin decreased sleep can definitely cause them to reappear. Ultimately, try to get more sleep.

In brief: Sleep deprivation

Dr. Ruchir Patel
Dr. Ruchir Patel

Besides the obvious answer of getting enough sleep and reducing your stress.
. I might suggest working with a psychologist to help you deal with stress or practicing relaxation exercises.

Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. Eric Weisman