After having two colds a green mucus in the nose has lingered for the past month. Could it be a sinus infection? Does it require treatment?

Highly likely. Just because mucus is colored, doesn't always mean it is bacterial. With exposure to air, secretions in the nose can turn colors. If facial pain, upper teeth pain and fever, then i would diagnose as a bacterial sinus infection and if 1 month of symptoms, antibiotic is indicated. I hope this helps. Antibiotic overuse is a huge problem..Please educate others.