I have a one year old that has allergies what over-the-counter medicine can I give him. He weighs 20 lbs ?

Dr. Martin Ostro
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Check with pedi MD

Though there are several antihistamines available in liquid form only a few have dosing for under 2 years old.
Before giving any meds to 1 year old you should check with the baby's pediatrician.

In brief: Check with pedi MD

Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Is it allergies or?

Having allergies at 1 yr of age is not that common.
.Allergies requires prior expsure and seasonal allergies means exposure from prior season and now re-exposing which causes symptoms. It could possibly be from a prolonged cold. Claritin (loratadine) or zyrtec syrup is relatively safe and can help dry things up a bit..If not better in couple of days, consult his doc for an eval...Good luck..

In brief: Is it allergies or?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Shontae Buffington