My friend says he has stage one in throat cancer and stage 3 in stomach cancer. He refuses to get treatment. What imight be life expectancy.?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Llkely 20% 5yr life.
The throat cancer may have a decent outlook, but an advanced stomach cancer where the disease has likely spread to the lymph nodes and is one step away from distant metastases has about a 20% 5 year survival at best.
This is if the tumor is able to be resected. It is his choice, but it might be good for him to see his doctor to at least find out what can be done to make him comfortable.

In brief: Llkely 20% 5yr life.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: We really dont know
The doctors, oncologist and other providers are trying to manage based on clinical practice guidelines in oncology.
We try to treat for cure, other times to contain progression, other times is palliative (comfort, pain cotrol, social support for patient and family members). I really have you in my prayers. As condtion progresses we try to prepare the family members and patient for comfort.

In brief: We really dont know
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
My job is to help you thru’ the different phases of cancer care. One important phase is the end of life phase: Months to weeks &/or weeks to days. We focus on palliative/comfort for the patient, anticipate needs for family member, consider hospice care, discuss possible discontinuation of cancer treatment, adequate pain control, reduce patient/family distress, relief caregiver burden
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery