What is a blood level monitoring for epilepsy?

Checks drug in blood. Helps make sure there isn't too little or too much drug in blood. Note, levels are only guidelines- ultimately seizure control or side effects determine proper dose. Also checks for possible effects of drug on liver, kidney, and bone marrow.
Medication level. Many epilepsy medications (eg phenytoin, carbamazepine, valproate, etc) have standard "therapeutic" levels of concentration in the blood that doctors aim for to prevent seizures. Your dose of medication would be adjusted if the level is too low or too high.