I've been coughing too much that my left side of the body near the bottom of the rib cage hurts. Is this something of a concern?

Dr. Charles Owen
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Not usually
Pain in that location after coughing is usually caused by a strain of the muscles and ligaments used to generate a forceful expiration - i.
e. A cough or sneeze. It will usually resolve in a few days with anti-inflammatory medications. If the pain should become unbearable or be accompanied by fever, bloody sputum, or significant shortness of breath you should be checked by a doctor.

In brief: Not usually
Dr. Charles Owen
Dr. Charles Owen
Dr. Nolan Segal
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Just painful
Likely just a muscle strain but could crack a rib.
Not serious but painful.

In brief: Just painful
Not serious but painful.
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology