On triple drug tx for hep c. At wk 32 (28 with victrelis). Virus cleared by wk 8. Lots of side fx. Going off at wk 36. 4th tx for hep c. Safe to quit?

Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Finish
It is best to finish the complete course.
Speak with your md about side effects.

In brief: Finish
Speak with your md about side effects.
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Martin Raff
Please don't ruin good results by quitting early. Dr. Hemming is correct in saying side-effects can be managed. See your doctor.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Ask your Hepatologis
This question is best answered by your hepatologist or whoever is prescribing your hep c regimen.
Look at it this way, if you quit too soon as suggested by someone else who isn't managing your program, who's going to take responsibility for return of the virus? I suspect that your hepatologist would just as soon turn over your care to that person while saying "i told you so".

In brief: Ask your Hepatologis
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Andrea Brand