Went from caring for child to caring for mom. Is there no empty nest for sandwich generation? What resources can boomers use to keep plates spinning?

In brief: Juggling Lessons

I am a fellow boomer sandwich generation member with a teen son with special needs + parents in their 80s.
Very important to learn self care whether from online support for caregivers, alanon, codependency anonymous or your faith community. I have learned to spin fewer plates at a time and not get upset if one or two fall and break. Flexibility, a sense of humor and the ability to say no helps!

In brief: Juggling Lessons

Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Don't forget your needs matter too. If you aren't taking good care of yourself, impossible to help out a parent or teenager. All the best!
Dr. Ronald Herring
Anesthesiology

In brief: Plates spinning

You sound resentful, maybe tired.
If your mom has been in and out of a hospital contact the social worker department. Churches and other places of worship also have great contacts and resources. They can also help you cope.

In brief: Plates spinning

You sound resentful, maybe tired.
Dr. Ronald Herring
Dr. Ronald Herring
Dr. Jonathan Jassey