Went from caring for child to caring for mom. Is there no empty nest for sandwich generation? What resources can boomers use to keep plates spinning?

Juggling Lessons. I am a fellow boomer sandwich generation member with a teen son with special needs + parents in their 80s. Very important to learn self care whether from online support for caregivers, alanon, codependency anonymous or your faith community. I have learned to spin fewer plates at a time and not get upset if one or two fall and break. Flexibility, a sense of humor and the ability to say no helps!
Plates spinning. You sound resentful, maybe tired. If your mom has been in and out of a hospital contact the social worker department. Churches and other places of worship also have great contacts and resources. They can also help you cope.