My daughter was recently diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. She has always played basketball and wants to try to continue. Suggestions?

I think she could. I think she could do that and continue the treatment, I add link for you please check it out. Good luck for her and thank you.
Juvenile RA. Fortunately this is usually a self limiting condition. Nsaids are the basis of treatment, and activity as much as possible is reccomended. It is not within the er specialty, and a rheumatologist should be consulted.
Absolutely. Kids require aggressive treatment to prevent growth abnormalities and to put their disease into remission. There is no cure now and it is not self-limited. Kids should be followed by a board certified pediatric rheumatologist and most kids will need weekly low dose Methotrexate and a tnf inhibitor. With aggressive treatment kids should be able and allowed to do everything their peers can.