I had a small lump under skin on lower back. Has always been the same. Today it was bigger and bruised and somewhat sensitive which it hasnt been b4.?

Dr. Tara Passow
Dermatology
In brief: Ruptured cyst?
Your description makes me think this might be a cyst which ruptured and is becoming inflamed as a result.
If it worsens, gets very large, or painful, it may need to be opened. Warm compresses can help bring it to a head and resolve it faster. Squeezing isn't a good idea.

In brief: Ruptured cyst?
Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Tender lump
Lumps that become inflamed, red, hot, tender, etc need to be checked out by your doc.
May be simple sebaceous cyst or lipoma or something more involved. Your doc can examine it & advise you on its nature & what options are available.

In brief: Tender lump
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis