In april I got an implanon rod inserted in my arm. I have been bleeding two months straight. Will it stop any time soon? Is this a problem?

Dr. James Marquardt
In brief: Possibly and no
The most troublesome side effect of Implanon is what is called breakthrough bleeding.
It usually occurs because the progestin hormone in Implanon makes the endometrium layer of the uterus too thin and unstable. The bleeding is unpredictable and may stop. It does not effect the contraceptive effectiveness of implanon.

In brief: Possibly and no
Dr. James Marquardt
Dr. James Marquardt
Dr. Walter Kobasa
In brief: Hopefully
Some people have bleeding for 2-3 months after insertion.
If it last longer follow up the the person who inserted it to make sure everthing is ok.

In brief: Hopefully
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Jane Van Dis