How can I treat my baby's diaper rash? ?

Air, Change, Creams. Most diaper rashes are due to irritation from urine and/or stool, as well as constant moisture. Therefore most rashes will respond to frequent diaper changes, allowing the skin to be exposed to the air frequently, and a diaper cream or ointment to protect the rash from further irritation. If the rash persists, it may be due to yeast or a bacterial infection. Call your pediatrician.
Varies. For typical diaper rash, letting it air out helps. You can try domboro soaks. Domboro solution can be purchased over the counter and almost any pharmacy. Soak a gauze in the medication and place it on the baby's rash. Cover this with a diaper. Change when you change the diaper. Beware though, not all diaper rash is benign skin irritation. Some nasty infections and cancer can look like it.
Varies. Depends on why the rash is there - common causes are simply irritation from urine/stool, yeast/candida, teething. Usually airing out the skin helps and a natural cream/ointment called calendula i often find useful. If it persists, check with your doctor.
A light diaper cream. To treat a mild diaper rash, one can use a light (not too thick, not too sticky) diaper cream, usually white in color due to the zinc oxide ingredient. Gently apply the cream so not to be rough on the skin. A fast growing rash, a rash with broken skin, blisters or pustules, or a rash that doesn't go away in a few days needs to be seen by the doctor.
Zinc oxide. Barrier creams are usually the first-line agent for a diaper rash. They stick to the skin and prevent irritated areas from continuing to get irritated every time the baby has a dirty diaper. I might also recommend against using alcohol diaper wipes - try a warm wet washcloth instead. If no better in a few days, see your provider: there may be a fungal or a bacterial infection complicating matters.
Creams. A "typical" diaper rash will respond to over the counter creams like a&d, calendula, zinc oxide, etc in three days. My typical rule is that if it is not better using these therapies in three days it may be yeast. At that point have it seen to determine what kind of rash it is.
Frequent changing. Many benign diaper rashes can be treated by frequently changing the diaper and allowing the diaper area to "air out". Some parents like to use a diaper cream as well; one with zinc oxide (such as the creamy desitin) or a&d ointment are mild options over the counter. If the rash is causes pain or spreads, contact your doctor to make sure there is nothing that may need an antifungal or antibiotic.
Dryness, covering. It depends on what is causing the rash... In general, if it is just general diaper rash, then it comes from constant wetness and irritation. Essentially, the diaper rash comes from wearing a diaper. So, the best treatment is to take it off as often as possible to air the area out. And with each change, dry completely, then cover with something protective - my favorite? Vasoline.
Rash decisions. Treatment depends on what is causing the rash. Most diaper rashes are irritative from urine/stool. Change baby often, leave butt open to air several times a day and avoid wipes, soaps and lotions that have scents, alcohol or other irritants. Use a wet soft cloth to clean. Zinc oxide ointments generally work well, but if your baby has been on antibiotics or rash just not improving could be yeast.
Keep it COVERED. The best way to let a diaper rash heal is to keep the rash coated with a gentle, thick barrier cream. Many of these contain zinc, but any ointment which will provide a protective layer over the skin will allow the rash time to heal. Use warm water to wash the area, avoid fragranced wipes, change diapers frequently. If the rash does not heal in 3 days, or looks "infected"', call your pediatrician.