My neurologist thinks I may have MS what would be the chance of passing it to a child if I do have it?

Dr. Michael Kelber
In brief: MS not genetic
Ms is not passed to children.
It is thought, though not proven, that MS is caused by a virus. Regardless of cause, your children are not at risk.

In brief: MS not genetic
Ms is not passed to children.
Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology
In brief: Probably none, but..
I have never seen a patient with ms who had a parent or parents with ms.
Statistically, a person who has one or more family members with ms has a slightly higher risk of developing ms. However, the risk goes up from extremely low to very low.

In brief: Probably none, but..
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher
In brief: Very remote
If you really did have MS, the susceptibility of your child would be about 3-4% at most.

In brief: Very remote
Dr. Eric Weisman