Why the last 2 docs I visited able to tell me confidently I don't have bronchitis based on xray n listening to my chest? I tot pulmonary tests needed?

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
In brief: BRONCHITIS
To diagnose bronchitis, a doctor only needs to listen to your lungs.
There is definitely no need to do a chest x-ray.

In brief: BRONCHITIS
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Acute?
If you are referring to acute bronchitis, which is due to infection, then the diagnosis is made on clinical grounds: your symptoms and physical exam. A chest x-ray would rule out a pneumonia, which is an infection of the lung parenchyma.

In brief: Acute?
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
In brief: See below
Bronchitis is usually an acute infection.
It can be bacterial or viral like influenza. Usually with bronchitis you have some abnormal breath sounds. Usually the cxr is normal. Pulm function rests are not necessary to diagnose bronchitis.

In brief: See below
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey