Why do women become so big and wide after a childbirth?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Uh, Beautiful, guys
During pregnancy the pelvis widens a bit so that a baby can pass through.
Also during pregnancy and/or breastfeeding some moms gain some weight by underestimating the amount they eat/overestimating what the baby needs. No woman is lovelier than one who is healthy and pregnant or breastfeeding a baby. If lucky enough to be related to that baby, you should compliment the mother whenever you see her!

In brief: Uh, Beautiful, guys
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
3 comments
Dr. George Klauber
Beautiful answer
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks. The 'guys' was not gender-related :)
Dr. Kevin Daus
In brief: Big and Wide
Not all women gain a lot of weight when pregnant.
I think obesity is just a problem in the usa because of our portions are so large. Even our plates have a larger diameter and just that one thing makes us put more food on the plate. Not over eating is the key. Hope this helps.

In brief: Big and Wide
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus