Can you give me suggestions with medication for nail fungus?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: See a dermatologist

First be sure of the diagnosis.
Terbinafine pill taken 1 a day for 3 months works most of the time. Prescription costs $10. When it works, there is a better nail in a year. Laser costs $1200, not covered by ins., better nail in a year if it works. Topicals are much less effective and much more expensive. Meanwhile ventillate your feet, keep nails short, take sox off in bed.

In brief: See a dermatologist

First be sure of the diagnosis.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
I agree with Dr. Dohan, and would add to make sure if there is fungus on the skin to make sure that is not ignored and is treated as well. Skin fungus often causes the nail fungus. (If the fungus is on the toenail a podiatrist can be seen as well :-)

In brief: Difficult

There are many different medications but many are not effective.
Although different medications work for different people. I would soak in listerine and then apply a topic liquid nail fungus.

In brief: Difficult

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh