What are some reasons for really bad breath in a child with no teeth cavities?

Dr. Patrick Hieber
In brief: Halitosis
Sinusitis, adenoiditis, foriegn body in nose and gerd would all be possibilities.

In brief: Halitosis
Dr. Patrick Hieber
Dr. Patrick Hieber
Pathology
In brief: Oral hygiene
My first concern is a foreign body in the nose -- a rotting bean.
Don't worry how it may have gotten there, kids are kids. Most bad breath in adults and children is due to decaying crud in the mouth, between the teeth or on the tongue. A good dental flossing with running it over the back of the tongue cures most of these. If it does not, look for a problem in the upper aerodigestive system.

In brief: Oral hygiene
Dr. Jonathan Jassey