The doctor said that my baby had a cystic lesion on her kidney. What does that mean?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Dr should explain
Baby could have one of many types of cystic lesions.
Probably most common is so called multicystic kidney displasia, birth defect where part of, or entire kidney is made up of a bunch of cysts.Opposite kidney is usually normal and child will have a normal life.May have a simple cyst, may have a complex cyst which is usually benign.Can be an obstructed calyx or blocked part of duplex kidney. Ask dr.

In brief: Dr should explain
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Thomas Riney
In brief: Normal variation
As long as there are less than 6 cysts on the kidney, the chances of any problem are low, get a follow up ultrasound at 6months.

In brief: Normal variation
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. George Klauber
Cystic lesion of kidney, although usually not serious, is not a normal variant. Up to 3 cysts, if fairly small can be considered within normal limits, but no more than that. Please check medical literature & my response to the original question.
Dr. Shontae Buffington