Should I put bubble wrap on the floor around the changing table in case I drop my baby?

In brief: Not practical
This material would be unreliable and difficult to work with.
If you must, invest in one of those spongy mats they offer for standing fatigue (kitchen) or a yoga mat. Much easier would be to keep everything you use for changing baby within reach and keep one hand on baby while you grab it.

In brief: Not practical
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Obsessive
Most people are pretty careful about baby handling.
Babies fall occasionally and are pretty resilient. Bubble wrap is not to absorbent of the force of a fall. But if you are fearful, it would be better to get a changing table with sides or do the changing on the floor to begin with. Using bubble wrap or any other shock absorber would be awkward to stand near anyway.

In brief: Obsessive
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Jonathan Jassey