Is it okay to use anabolic steroids?

I'd urge you not to. I've been around gyms for decades. Among the ordinary fitness-guys that I know who've tried them, all have said they were sorry. The emotions are the worst. You may do something impulsively that you regret horribly for the rest of your life. Tapering may cause depression bad enough to land you in the mental ward. Your balls shrink. Most women prefer a naturally fit man and can tell you aren't.
Significant risks. You've heard of anabolic steroids. Those are the steroids people abuse in sports, and performance enhancement. You certainly will bulk up, run faster, gain strength and size. However, there are serious medical side effects which come along for the ride. Psychiatric disturbance is also a potential side effect – roid rage. Steroids should be prescribed and monitored by a competent physician.