Is having a baby too risky if I have high blood pressure that's still high on medications?

At a higher risk. Hypertension is a chronic disease and has significant health consequences thus recommended to have adequate treatement. High BP during pregnancy poses risks for both mom and baby--fetal growth retardation etc. And higher risks for "pre-eclampsia" etc. Would try as hard as u can and work with your doc to get BP under good/stable level before becoming pregnant. It is hard, but doable. Good luck.