What is the best treatment of cavity on a root canal?

Decay removal. Have the decay removed and the tooth restored properly. If the decay is into the pulp chamber, the root canal may be reinfected and need retreatment before restoration!
Treat it.. Visit with your dentist and have it evaluated. Your dentist will clean out the decay depending on how much of tooth structure is left. The best treatment for a tooth with a root canal would be to put a crown on it. Your dentist will help make that call for you.
Final restoration. Root canal treatment is only the first step in returning your tooth to normal function. It is important to get a proper final restoration of the tooth in ensuring long-term success. The two most common options that you have are the placement of a dental crown or a filling. Rec.: see your dentist to help you in making this decision.