Is getting a transvaginal ultrasound very uncomfortable?

It shouldn't be. The ultrasound is not meant to be painful. Some women may find it uncomfortable. Usually this will be women who have not been sexually active or who have pathological problems (pain from endometriosis, infection, or other pathology). Let your doctor know if it is uncomfortable so they can make changes. Also if it makes you more comfortable you can place the probe yourself. .
Shouldn't be. I supervised over 1000 transvaginal ultrasounds. A transvaginal ultrasound should not be uncomfortable. Uncertain conditions it may be. One is an intact hymen. It could be uncomfortable whenever anything is placed in the vagina. This is likely do to tension so try to relax. Another cause when there is a medical problem that causes tenderness in the pelvis. Always let the tech know if it hurts.