I was diagnosed with nephritis over 10 yrs ago. Is this hereditary? Will my children inherit this disease from me?

Dr. Aileen Sedman

In brief: Depends on type

Nephritis means "inflammation of the kidney" and has many different causes including post streptococcal nephritis, lupes nephritis, membranoproliferative nephritis etc.
None of the above are directly inherited. However there is a disease called "alports syndrome" that is inherited directly. You need to talk to your physician, find out what type of nephritis you had and have him/her advise you.

In brief: Depends on type

Dr. Aileen Sedman
Dr. Aileen Sedman