The soles of my feet have developed hard skin that heat up when i run, what is it and how do I get rid of it?

Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau

In brief: Activity related

It all depends on the type of activity you do on a daily basis.
If you run frequently make sure that the shoe you are wearing is appropriate for the activity. If you are experiencing burning pain there is a syndrome called talar tunnel syndrome which is nerve irritation especially in those that put pressure on their feet a lot. If prolonged persistent symptoms try to see a podiatrist.

In brief: Activity related

Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Hard skin can be a callous, callous plus friction can definatively cause burning. The callous can be trimmed and then an insole or orthotic can be used,