How likely would my baby have a peanut allergy if his father has peanut allergy?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Higher than average
The chances of your baby developing peanut allergy are higher if there is a family history of peanut allergy.
(exactly how much higher is not known.) until recently, experts recommended delaying introduction of peanuts and peanut products into the diets of children with a family history of peanut allergy until age 3, but recent studies suggest that this delay does not help prevent peanut allergy.

In brief: Higher than average
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Julie Tomberlin
In brief: Higher
Yes, the risk is higher, but there is new evidence saying that trying it early may be protective in developing this allergy.
I recommend talking to your pediatrician about how to do this safely.

In brief: Higher
Dr. Julie Tomberlin
Dr. Julie Tomberlin
Dr. Steven Seres