My throat hurts, is it my allergies, we have high pollen here or is it strep or tonsillitis, I take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and Claritin but my throat still hurts?

If it persists seeDr. Not likely to be allergy causing your sore throat. More likely a mild viral infection(common cold). Some colds are severe with sore throat, nasal and sinus congestion and deep cough. Others are mild and may just cause a mild sore throat. Signs of Strep: high fever, pussy white exudate on tonsils, tender lymph nodes neck and NO cough. If only 2 of these strep unlikely; 4 highly likely.
Not good idea. you should not mix antihistamines. it has cumulative effect. instead why don't you treat the cause of your allergies. please visit us at www.ehacstl.com and you will learn that when you treat the cause you don't need antihistamines, nasal sprays etc.