I got my wisdom teeth removed 7 days ago & my jaw still feels locked. I can't open my mouth enough to eat anything. Is this normal?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: No

Please return to oral surgeon who did the extractions for additional rx.

In brief: No

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Eddie Cheng
I suspect either your mandible or the disc is dislocated at the TMJ. Do you feel more pain in one side more than the other? Stay on soft food diet and talk to your oral surgeon for help. MRI of your TMJ may help to make the definitive diagnosis. OTC anti inflammatory med may help your pain.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Call the dentist

This should be part of the follow-up to the work done.
Call and ask about it - the dentist should take a look and help you either understand what's happening or correct any problems. Multiple extractions can be fairly difficult. But you do want some reassurances or some help. Call asap. Take care. I hope it's better real soon.

In brief: Call the dentist

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Arnon Rubin