I had a feeling of a collapsed vein in my left arm after a vein injection, as it is appear to be blocked and it got swelled, anyhelp?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Phlebitis

Is an inflammation of a vein, which is another rare complication of the venipuncture procedure.
Common symptoms of phlebitis are: pain, swelling and redness.The local trauma or injury to the vein can also cause phlebitis. The warm compresses, elevation of the involved extremity and nsaids otc and “tincture of time” will be enough to treat phlebitis. If concerned, see your pcp for evaluation.

In brief: Phlebitis

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. William Forsythe