How can you stop a child from grinding his teeth at night?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Diet
Unfortunately this is one of my commonest answers.
Bruxism (teeth grinding) is caused from an overactive limbic system (automatic brain) induced by high calorie malnutrition. Sugar is the major culprit. See my blog "oxygen the spark of life" that you can google.

In brief: Diet
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Tincture of time
Give it time. Children grind teeth at night because 1.
They grow in different locations in their jaws on different days and they are 'grinding in' their occlusion, and 2. They are backing up the computer. They learn so much stuff every day that they need time to process it all. Grinding should begin to disappear as permanent teeth start to erupt.

In brief: Tincture of time
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Shontae Buffington