Can you give tylenol (acetaminophen) with ibuprofen for a child with an ankle sprain?

Yes. As long as there are no allergies, either medication can be given. I would start with one or the other, as that may be enough. You can however give them both if needed. Also try rest, ice, elevation.
Yes...... There mechanism of action is different so yes, they will have synergistic effect. Common proactice suggest to start with Ibuprofen for ankle sprain since it is also antiinflammatory and if no enough pain relief then can give tylenol (acetaminophen) along with rice (rest, ice, compression, elevation).