I heard many negative things about versed anesthesia. Is it something to worry about during wisdom teeth extraction tomorrow? Or is it not that bad?

Dr. William Jenkins
Anesthesiology

In brief: Versed by itself

is very safe.
It is given to young children in apple juice. It is very enjoyable most patients get a big smile on face afterwards

In brief: Versed by itself

is very safe.
Dr. William Jenkins
Dr. William Jenkins
Dr. John Scuba
Versed is a fine drug and one of most often used sedatives on the market. It is safe, kind to veins and well tolerated, but used as a single agent is very ineffective. While there is often some amnesia for the event, many patients treated with versed alone have a very unpleasant experience. Many untrained and often very inexperienced providers use this drug alone (in order to be “safe”), thinking it can do "everything you need" for anesthesia. And while some advocate “oral”, “rectal” or other methods of administration, these delivery methods are only marginally effective as versed is best used intravenously. The BEST anesthesia must combine versed with other medications (narcotics, hypnotics) for the best patient experience. The last thing I would do is have versed as a single agent for wisdom teeth—and if any route other than IV, I would run, not walk, out of the office.
Dr. Harry Kwak
Anesthesiology

In brief: Depends

Versed is an anxiolytic and often used to for procedures to help the patient feel more relaxed and less worried.
It is often very well tolerated and patients are happy with the experience. You should not worry if it is given by someone trained in providing sedation. At higher doses, it can cause a myriad of problems such as respiratory depression, low blood pressure, allergic rxn, etc...

In brief: Depends

Dr. Harry Kwak
Dr. Harry Kwak
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Safe and effective

Versed is typically used for sedation during procedures that require moderate conscious sedation.
Conscious sedation procedures using intravenous versed is safe and effective.

In brief: Safe and effective

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Ask Dentist/OS

I would ask questions of the provider whom is going to administer the anesthesia and/or take out the teeth.

In brief: Ask Dentist/OS

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Anthony Pollizzi
Anesthesiology

In brief: Not usually

safety relies upon the individual administering the drug

In brief: Not usually

Dr. Anthony Pollizzi
Dr. Anthony Pollizzi
Dr. David Mjos
Dentistry

In brief: Safe drug

I have used Versed since it was introduced in 1986.
I also have had the pleasure of having it personally several times. Nothing to worry about! You will not be fully asleep as in general anesthesia, you will be what is referred to as conscious sedation.

In brief: Safe drug

Dr. David Mjos
Dr. David Mjos
Dr. Sana Rezai

In brief: Generally safe

In a young healthy person having a low risk procedure, most anesthesia is very safe, with very low rates of complications.
However, if you have questions, ask the surgeon before-hand!

In brief: Generally safe

Dr. Sana Rezai
Dr. Sana Rezai
Dr. Vikram Patel