Are there any cases of children getting haemophilus meningitis anymore?

Dr. Robin Larabee
Hib meningitis is a vaccine-preventable disease.
Children who are not fully immunized for hib are still at risk and do continue to catch this life-threatening illness. Make sure your child has had a full series of hib vaccine.

Dr. Robin Larabee
Dr. Robin Larabee
Dr. Theresa Willett
There are also a few very rare cases of kids who were immunized still getting some form of the disease- not everyone can make the same immune response. That is why we count on as many people as possible getting the shots to boost 'herd' immunity for those who cannot.
In brief: Uncommon now
I used to see 2 cases/yr in my own patients before the enhanced vaccine was available in the early 90's but haven't had one in my patients since 1993.
I did see one on consultation 9 years ago and expect we will see some new cases with the anti-vaccine twerps out there.It remains a big problem in undeveloped countries.

In brief: Uncommon now
Dr. Gregory Sysyn
I agree with the numbers Dr. Ferguson speaks of above.