I have painful neuropathy in my feet, lyrica (pregabalin) didn't help, gabapenten didn't work, would a small dose of both combined work?

Dr. Narmo Ortiz
Podiatry

In brief: Neuropathy in feet

I would not recommend to mix both medications without consulting with the physician(s) that prescribed them in the first place.
You also did not mention what is the main known cause for your foot neuropathy.

In brief: Neuropathy in feet

Dr. Narmo Ortiz
Dr. Narmo Ortiz
Dr. Peter Hwang
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Avoid taking both

Both Lyrica (pregabalin) and Gabapentin have the same mechanism of action and work on the same receptors in your body.
Therefore, it is not recommended to take both. If you are not at max dose, your doctor may suggest increase the dose of either of these medications to help control the pain. Another consideration would be to try a different class of medications for neuropathic pain.

In brief: Avoid taking both

Dr. Peter Hwang
Dr. Peter Hwang
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: No mixing

Gabapentine and Pregabalin (lyrica) are almost the same medications.
Lyrica (pregabalin) is commonly used for peripheral neuropathy. Rec.: see your doctor for medication adjustment and referral to east-west integrative medicine (e.G acupuncture).

In brief: No mixing

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Jeff Seaman

In brief: No

Lets find out why you have painful neuropathy first.
Have you seen a neurologist and been tested? What is causing the neuropathy? Metro phoenix has top tier neurologists thanks to barrows (and mayo). Accurately identify cause first, then best treatment. (small fiber neuropathy; diabetes; plexopathy; b12; alcohol; etc). Gabapentin and Lyrica (pregabalin) act nearly identically. Dosing optimized?

In brief: No

Dr. Jeff Seaman
Dr. Jeff Seaman
Dr. Vikram Patel