Has you used a robot to operate on patients?

Dr. Lillian Schapiro
In brief: Yes.
The davinci robot allows patients to recover more quickly from surgery.
It also allows the surgeon to do complex, delicate procedures. I use it for hysterectomies, myomectomies, ovarian surgery and endometriosis surgery.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
2 comments
Dr. Patrick Weix
There is sometimes confusion here; your doctor uses the robot but he or she is always in control. The robot doesn't do anything independently, but it lets us zoom in to see fine detail and provides excellent control of instruments.
Dr. Kevin O'neil
In gynecology, the robot can also be used to correct vaginal prolapse (dropped bladder, or when the rectum protrudes into the vagina).
Dr. Renee Harris
The robot is an excellent extension of our laparoscopic surgical skills.

Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
I have been using the davinci robot for almost all of my gynecologic procedures for the past 3 years.
Prior to that, i did laparoscopic procedures without the robot. I find the robot significantly improves my surgical dexterity, precision, and visibility. I find my patients have less blood loss, less pain, and quicker recoveries.

Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
The use of robots in the operating room is dramatically increasing.
The robot offers advantages that cannot be gained by any other method. Procedures are less invasive allow for quicker and easier recovery for many patients. Like most gynecologists who have the da Vinci robot available, I have been trained and certified in its use and have employed it in many of my surgeries.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Hassan Arshad
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
I use the davinci robot for some head and neck cancers, such as cancers of the throat (tonsil or base of tongue) and some laryngeal cancers.
Not everyone is a candidate for this type of surgery.

Dr. Hassan Arshad
Dr. Hassan Arshad
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz