Lower back feels sore and tight, could this be a result of tight leg muscles. It hurts more in the morning. How can I fix I am a HS athlete?

Dr. Justin Sterett
General Practice

In brief: Could be

You would first want to make sure that your pain that is worst in the morning is not because of something other than muscle tightness such as a developing spinal condition.
Any tight muscles in our posterior chain from our legs to our upper back could potentially put undue stress on the lower back. Are your legs lacking flexibly? What about your lats? Yoga can never hurt in the morning.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine