Prenatal vitamins only contain beta-carotene. My diet includes foods with preformed vitamin a and carotenoid and wonder if my baby will be deficient.

Avoid preformed Vit. Preformed vit a is the most common known source of birth defects. That is the risk to the baby. Also avoid any additional beta carotene. Foods contain a variety of carotenes. Eat normal vegies and fruits..Note that metformin causes low vit b12. B12 can be checked by a blood test or it can be supplied as a supplement which is not a risk to the baby. Do not take preformed vit a except in very small.