I have had my gallbladder removed and a scope that discovered a hiatal hernia. I started taking apple cider vinegar . Terrible stomach and chest pain?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Stop the Home remedy

Did a physician prescribe this unusual treatment for your hiatal hernia? Did they prescribe any treatment for your hiatal hernia? Please stop the vinegar treatment.
It is a myth and not a real option to treat your medical problem.

In brief: Stop the Home remedy

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Reflux

The hiatus hernia may be causing reflux of stomach acid into your espohagus.
Vinegar will not help- it is a mild organic acid. You may benefit from over the counter ppi like pepcid- 20mg am/pm for at least 1 week and if not improved, seek prompt medical examination.

In brief: Reflux

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery