I punched a wall and the right side of my hand is swollen. I can move my pinky but it hurts when i move it. My pinky knuckle hurts as well! any advice?

Dr. Brian Rike
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Boxers fracture

Sounds like u may have a boxers fracture need to get an xray of your hand.

In brief: Boxers fracture

Dr. Prem Gupta
Also look in the cause of your inappropriate behaviour of punching the wall and hurting yourself.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Boxer's Fracture

One of the most common diagnosis in men in their twenties and thirties is the post 'hitting a wall' fracture of the hand.
It is time for an x-ray. There are better anger management techniques then breaking your hand hitting a wall. Just saying.

In brief: Boxer's Fracture

Dr. Killian has given you very good advice. Please do get that hand x-rayed. I'm a ringside physician and perhaps after this misadventure, you can make the best of it by getting some coaching in a good boxing gym and learn how to throw a punch without hurting yourself. Don't punch walls, or punch another person in anger, but you can hit a bag to your heart's content. Best wishes.
Dr. Carl Zooberg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Boxer's fracture

Most likely a boxer's fracture of the 5th metacarpal.
Need to get an xray of the hand with 3 views and see an orthopedic doctor.

In brief: Boxer's fracture

Dr. Andrea Brand

In brief: See a doctor

A fracture is likely, and this needs medical attention, including examination and probably x ray.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Xrays

Go get some x-rays, you may have a boxer's fracture.

In brief: Xrays

Dr. Jack Hinkle