Is it ok to use baby wipes on my newborn?

Baby wipes are ok to use on newborns (hospitals use baby wipes).
One should be sure to wipe gently to avoid abrading the skin. If a rash has developed, the parent should talk with the doctor to see if wipes should be stopped, and perhaps switch to tissue+water for cleaning.

In brief: No
They are ok for trips, but with sustained use they are more irritating than moistened paper towels or cloths, even if marketed as "sensitive" or "hypoallergenic".
I've cured a number of "diaper rashes from hell" just by stopping premoistened wipes.

In brief: No
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Salil Gupta
Most of the brands are tested for the strength of chemicals used in them and are ok to be used for newborn baby.

Dr. Salil Gupta
Dr. Salil Gupta
In brief: No
Most wipes contain chemicals that can absorb into your baby´s skin and cause rashes and allergic reactions.
There are some that heve less abrassive chemicals than others. As a rule, wiping your baby with water and a bit of non scented soap will work wonders and maybe use the wipes when you go out.

In brief: No
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Yes, it really is.
I think reactions to these are very, very rare-- and the baby wipes really are the most convenient way to keep things clean. You'll find a zillion uses for them other than baby's bottom, btw-- they clean tables and spills and dashboards and counters and are good for wiping hands after being outside or eating ice cream!

Yes, it really is.
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Travel Medicine
Baby wipes are a convenient way to clean your infant's diaper area.
They work well but contain a lot of chemicals.If your baby develops rashes from the wipes you may need to switch to warm water, mild soap and a cloth or moistened paper towel.

Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Cindy Juster