Can drainage of mucus from the middle ear be hindered by a deviated nasal septum?

No. In a normal middle ear the amount of drainage is so small that it can not even be measured. A deviated septum is neither related to or in any way involved with middle ear mucus. Even in the presence of a middle ear infection, the mucus could conceivably drain into the nasophyarynx (back of the nose) the bony septum does not go back that far. In short, the septum is not related to ear mucus.
Ear drainsge. Ear drainage needs to be addressed as a source of infection and cushy oils be resolved prior to any elective surgery.