My mom has iron deficiency anemia. What can be done to raise her hemoglobin? She had an endoscopy and colonoscopy. They came back fine.

Dr. Tarik Hadid
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: More

I tend to check ct scan and capsule endoscopy to rule out any problem with the small intestine.
Also you should check the upper endoscopy to make sure it did not show celiac disease. Some blood work is needed for the same reason as well. She should be on oral iron which will gradually raise hemoglobin. If not responding, she can be considered for intravenous iron. Yet, find the cause of it.

In brief: More

Dr. Tarik Hadid
Dr. Tarik Hadid
Dr. Adam Levy