Does acupuncture work for primary dysmenorrhoea?

Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Maybe
Acupuncture is one method of affecting the nervous system- and thus the endocrine system.
Everybody responds differently to acupuncture- some may have better responses for certain conditions. In the hands of an experienced practitioner, there is little risk in trying it.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
I have treated women with dysmennorhea easily with auricualr (ear) acupuncture on a monthly basis and the treatment usually lasts during their period (with semi-permanent needles).
Major energy moving treatments (merideans) can be even more effective.